Lady Bliss Balls
Recipe courtesy of Lynnette Astaire, founder of Superfood School.
It’s worth the extra effort to track down the secret ingredient for this recipe, Aguaje! Not only is it the most concentrated natural plant source of beta-carotene in the world, it also contains a considerable quantity of plant hormones, also known as Phytohormones. These phytohormones are the chemicals that regulate the growth of the plant. These are naturally occurring compounds, which have been said to mimic the female hormones such as estrogen in the human body.
LADY BLISS BALLS
1/2c Buckwheat Groats (or Oats)
1/2c Pumpkin Seeds
20 Dates, pits removed (soaked for 4 hrs or overnight)
1/4c Coconut Cream
1/8c Vanilla Extract
1t Cardamom Powder
1t Cinnamon Powder
1t Ginger Powder
1/4c Cacao Powder
1/4c Aguaje Powder
1. Blend first 4 ingredients into a powder, set aside
2. Drain date soak water, set aside
3. Blend remaining ingredients until completely creamy, only adding soak water if needed
4. Add date mixture to seed + nut blend to form a dough
5. Roll 2tbs of mixture into balls
6. Coat with additional toppings if desired
7. Store in fridge for up to 2 weeks
Want more tips and inspiration to live your most awesome life through nutrition? Make sure to check out Lynnette’s Dear Delicious interview HERE. And keep your eyes (and ears) peeled for her Lady Balls Radio feature dropping later this month.
What’s the secret behind these delicious beauties secret ingredient? Learn more about aguaje HERE.